Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lazy Saturday

So it's almost noon on Saturday and the only things I have accomplished today are a few report cards, a load of dishes and a shower (I know and it's only noon and a Saturday). I'm fighting a cold so for the rest of the day I will be sitting on the couch under a blanket and reading. I have about 100 pages to go in Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. I have to know what happens!


This summer I read and loved like most of the world Gone Girl. I loved the dark writing and the last page was AMAZING! The thing I liked best was that when I was done I realized Gillian had written other books, I love when that happens. There is nothing better than when you find a book you love and then you find more like it (even better Gillian is a Chicago girl). I think it would be great if all authors HAD to write two books because there are so many times when one just isn't enough. Case and point Kathryn Stockett the author of The Help. When is she going to realize how much I love her and her book? Notice I said book not books.




Another book I will be reading is Just A Dog by Michael Gerard Bauer. I want to see if this would be a good book to read to my class. The whole reason I even bought this book is because of the brilliant marketing by Scholastic. They sent me a calendar at the start of the school year that featured cats and dogs reading, what is not to love about that? This month features a cat reading Just A Dog. It is so cute that I had to get the book. At first I thought it might be just another Marley but then I though GREAT it might be another Marley. I love all books about dogs! I love to read them in adult form and kid form. My only fear is that my students are picking up my same habits...judging a book by its animal.

I'm off to read and order Costello's, another perk of living in Chicago. You should try the Monterey Chicken, it will change your life!














No comments:

Post a Comment