Friday, April 5, 2013

Say Hello to Zorro!

Say Hello To Zorro is the story of Mr. Bud and his schedule and how his schedule makes him very happy. Then Zorro comes to live with him and things are different...or are they?

So this book is an amazing read and an amazing book to use for teaching! I think I had as much fun reading and teaching with this book as my students listening and learning. Every page of this book is great for making inferences, using the pictures for feelings, adjectives, point of view, character traits and it has a great lesson. This book basically screams COMMON CORE COME AND GET ME!

When we were done reading the book I had my students choose either Mr. Bud or Zorro and they had to come up with six adjectives. Then they read the adjectives and we had to guess who they were describing. It was a lot of fun and turned into a great lesson about how we can use different words to say the same thing and I was amazed with the different adjectives the kids came up with!

This book is also a 2014 Monarch Award Nominee (Illinois)!

I loved this book so much I think I am going to have to order Zorro Gets An Outfit because how could a book with that title NOT be amazing?


1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try it with my kiddos. Sounds like you could use the character trait adjectives to teach synonyms as well!

    ReplyDelete