Last night I finished Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Wonder is the story of Auggie who was born with a facial deformity and the year he started middle school. The year Auggie started middle school was also the first year he went to school, before this he was home schooled. This is the story of what he knows and learns about people. It is also the story of what people learn from Auggie.I loved this book and I know it is a story that will stay with me for a long time to come. I highly recommend this book for all middle school children and adults. This is a must read!!!!!!
The Wonder movement of choose kind seems so simple yet so many of us don't. I hope this book makes a difference for you the way it did for me.
http://choosekind.tumblr.com/
Sounds like a great book. I will definitely tell my sister about it as well---she teaches 6th grade.
ReplyDelete