Monday, March 11, 2013

Point of View

So this week I started teaching my first graders about point of view. We had the best time and I found some really great books to use as read alouds!

These were our favorites


Button Up!: Wrinkled Rhymes by Alice Schertle and Petra Mathers. These poems were so cute and perfect for teaching point of view. Each poem was told from the point of view of a piece of clothing. We turned it into a game, I would leave out the name of the piece of clothing and the kids would guess. We had a great time!






So in my classroom we love to read books about dogs! I Didn't Do It by Patricia MacLachlan is a book of adorable poems about puppies, told from the point of view of puppies. Does it get any better?  We LOVED reading these poems, they made us all so happy!  I am sure this book will quickly become one of our classroom favorites and now I think I need to get Once I Ate a Pie by the same author because I can't get enough dog books in my room!
:





So if you love dogs and love reading books about dogs and you are not in first grade, I have a great book for you, The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein. OMG this is one of the best books that I have ever read and it is all told from the point of view of a dog...AMAZING! I loved reading this book so much it took me forever to read the last 20 pages because I didn't want it to end. I love the story and Enzo is on my list of best characters EVER!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment