Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Storyteller

Well I just finished The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult and I think it is an AMAZING book. It might be one of my favorite by Jodi. What I love about her writing is that you go into her books thinking you would handle situations one way if faced but while reading she makes you question things about yourself. I felt like I was going through things with this book and was anxious to see how situations were resolved because I didn't know what I would do.

I find books about World War II really interesting and at times reading about the Holocaust in this book was hard and I found myself getting really angry. It is amazing things that happen in this world.

Jodi did a beautiful job writing about religions in this book. I also thought her writing about forgiveness was amazing and I found myself reading parts over and over...then I remembered I was reading on my kindle and I could highlight it and have it documented forever!!!

I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEDDDDD the characters as I always do!! You should read this book and I think it will make you want to know more about your family history!

My other favorite Jodi Picoult books are:

The Pact- wow this was one I could not put down and I just kept wishing there could be a do over for the characters.

My Sister's Keeper- My friend Julie O. (although she lives in Ohio and I don't see her very often, when I do I love to talk books with her. I also love to talk teaching with her. Basically I think she is amazing) recommended this book to me a few years ago before I was a crazy reader. I still remember how this book made me feel and how I could not put it down and I could not wait to talk to Julie about it. I loved how every chapter was told from a different point of view. Jodi Picoult had me from page 1.

Change of Heart- Not my favorite of Jodi's but still a good read!

1 comment:

  1. A favorite author of mine as well! I'm looking forward to following your blog and branching out a little in my reading!

    ReplyDelete