Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snow Day!!

Today we got our first snow day of the year. I love snow days because you have the whole day to do nothing in your house. I did venture out to the grocery store (yuck) and then quickly returned to my spot on the couch with my dog, my blanket and my kindle. I had only about 50 pages left of the book I was reading which I love because then you have enough time in the day to start another book! The Book I finished today was The Autobiography of Us by Aria Beth Sloss

I wanted to love this book because it was about friends and covered the span of their lives. Unfortunately the book just made me sad. I did love that the book was set in the 1960s and I loved how the author talked of the clothes and what mothers wanted for their daughters. Overall I am only giving the book 2 stars. The book had potential and covered a lot of interesting topics but it just didn't do it for me. However it made me very sad for women of that generation and how hard things were for them and made me grateful for the life I have.

Later today and I am enjoying my snow day and watching the snow start to really come down, I will be starting The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult.  I know it sounds dorky but I love a new Jodi book when it first comes out. There is something about her that just sucks me in and I can't wait! It has been a while since I have read one of her books so I am super excited. I will be sure to let you know what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment