Tuesday, March 12, 2013

World's Best Librarian

So just because I work in a school and because I am a teacher are not the only reasons why I love children's books as much as I do. I am lucky enough to have one of the greatest librarians in the world (this is a fact) who I get to work with and her name is Rachel.

She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. She not only inspires the kids to read and enjoy books but she does the same for all of the teachers who are lucky enough to work with her.  The kids love the days when we get to visit her and so do I. She has a gift for the way she reads stories, you are hanging on every word. She also has a gift for costumes :)

As a person who loves books and stories as much as I do, I love talking books with Rachel. She knows all of the authors and always has a great book to go with a lesson. She has helped me grow as a teacher with her knowledge and I am thankful that I am lucky enough to work with her!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Megan....you've brought tears to my eyes! Thank you so much for your kind words! I've always felt that we're kindred spirits...we both have such a LOVE of literature and I believe that love and excitement is something that needs to be passed down to all the kiddos that we teach! You too have such a gift as an educator! You're creative, innovative mind in combination with your love of books and kind heart really is exciting to witness! My cup runneth over!

    ReplyDelete